Hey guys what is up. In this particular post, we will be talking about which motherboard we choose for Ryzen 7 2700x. Also, I will tell you the 6 best X470 motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7 according to my knowledge and research.
Whenever it comes to the best processing speed and performance, the first thing which comes to our mind should be the Ryzen 7 2700x processor. This processor is one of the fastest processors with many advantages and flawless functionality. To match the functionality and perfection of the Ryzen 7 2700X’s, then we should be thankful to the AMD X470 chipset which is currently one of the fastest and most powerful AMD chipsets designed to date for top-level overclocking.
At present, the X470 chipset comes up with plenty of features that we cannot find in the B450 chipset and A320 chipset. Whenever we think of using the X470 motherboard then we should properly study and understand all the specifications and features of this chipset. Most Importantly, we need to understand the stability support that the motherboard provides to stabilize overclocking. The main reason for this is because of VRMs(Voltage Regulator Module) present in the board which is next to the CPU socket.
The number of VRMs is proportional to the speed and performance of the chipsets. Most OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) do not specify which design we should prefer to get better stability. But generally, it is always preferred to adopt a design of 6+2 to have better stability. RGB lighting and support for additional fans headers are according to one’s choice. With this information, now let’s see the 6 best X470 motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7.
- 1 6 Best x470 Motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7
- 1.1 -> ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming:
- 1.2 -> ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero:
- 1.3 -> ASRock X470 Taichi:
- 1.4 -> MSI x470 gaming plus:
- 1.5 -> Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7:
- 1.6 -> ASUS prime x470 Pro:
6 Best x470 Motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7
List of 6 Best x470 Motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7:
-> ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming:
With the launch of AMD’s Ryzen 7 2700x CPU, they also launched the X470 chipset globally. After this launch, ASUS launched its motherboard specially built for ROG Strix X470-F gaming. The ROG Strix is famous for the design and stability they provide. Moreover, this comes up with a monochromatic scheme. The sync technology gives you an option to choose any color of RGB.
If you are looking for a motherboard for overclocking then you should know that Asus ROG Strix is famous for its overclocking capabilities and the experience which gamers get after using this. This board is designed with great architecture that provides high-performance heatsinks. If you are using or which to use ASUS ROG Strix then it will provide a lot of flexibility benefits. If you want better cooling then you have a choice to add any PWM fans or DC.
This motherboard is made for gaming as it is installed with a lot of cooling sections to prevent overheating of a PC. The heatsink deployed as an M2 slot has the capability to reduce the temperature by nearly 20 degrees, which is done for the smooth working of the system. The overall audio experience is excellent with this board. This board provides one of the best performance and speed in gaming PCs.
> Key Features:
- The ATX form factor is installed in the ASUS ROG Strix motherboard.
- It is manufactured with an AM4 socket.
- AMD X470 chipset is supported by this motherboard.
- This motherboard comes with DDR4 DIMM memory slots of dual-channel.
- This motherboard supports 64 GB of RAM with a RAM frequency up to 2133 MHz to 3600 MHz.
- It contains 1 x HDMI which provides a resolution of 4096×2160 with a refresh rate or you can say that frame rate of 24 Hz.
- Also, it can provide up to a frame or refresh rate of 60 Hz with a resolution of 2560×1600.
- It is installed with 1 PCIe(peripheral component interconnect express) Slots of 2.0 X16 and also contains 3 PCIe slots of 2.0 X1 slots.
- This motherboard has SupremeFX8-Channel HD audio codec S1220A to provide better audio features.
- It is installed with a 1 I211-AT Intel Gigabit ethernet controller for LAN connections.
- This ASUS ROG Strix motherboard also consists of 6 SATA ports, 3 M2 slots (key M) for storage devices.
- On the back panel, this ASUS motherboard has channels for 1-USB 3.1 USB Type-CTM, 1-PS/2, 5-USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 HDMI, 1 x Optical S/PDIF out, 5-Audio ports, Anti-surge LAN (RJ45) port, 2-USB 3.1 Gen 2 (red)Type-A.
-> ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero:
The ASUS ROG crosshair VIII Hero is one of the most expensive motherboards but it has several features that can increase the performance of AMD Ryzen CPUs. Spending money on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII hero is worth it. It has an extraordinary architecture which provides it a competitive edge in almost every aspect. The motherboard comes up with a metal heat sink. Also, the name and brand of Company RGB ROB are written on it. Crosshair VIII hero focuses on audiophiles and has some advanced and important features for audiophiles and professional users.
If you face any diagnose problem there it contains a POST code display or indicator which is present on the top of the power button. Whenever you are using your PC and overclocking fails, then you can reset the BIOS and you can switch to safe mode to start the PC. This motherboard can easily work with 64 GB of DDR4 memory that provides a maximum speed of 3,600 MHz. You can also connect two GPUs as it has 16x PCIe slots. Moreover, it also has two [email protected] slots for NVMe SSD.
Also, it has Gigabit Ethernet along with in-built Wireless AC. Moreover, at the back, it has a USB port with normal connectivity and also a Type-C connector. Moreover, in the front, it also has some pins for the Type-C connector. Whenever you think of buying a best x470 motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7 then you can go for ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII hero. It is like the king of all motherboards in terms of speed, features, and performance.
> Key Features:
- It is designed using an AM4 socket.
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII hero is capable of supporting AMD X470.
- The size of the ROG Crosshair VIII hero is 9.6×12×4.4 Inches.
- Moreover, it comes with Pre-mounted I/O Shield, FanXpert 4, Front Panel USB 3.1 Gen2, Dual NVMe M2, SupremeFX S1220 Audio, 5-Way Optimization, Aura Sync RGB, Gigabit LAN.
-> ASRock X470 Taichi:
The AsRock X470 Taichi motherboard is one of the most attractive and good-looking motherboards which is designed in a unique style and comes with a colored aesthetic. This motherboard has an 8+4 pin CPU power in such a way that it will be able to deliver maximum power to Ryzen 7 2700x. It is embedded with RGB headers. This motherboard also comes up with features like we can provide it physical power and reset buttons. Also, it has 8 SATA ports.
The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) AsRock X470 Taichi motherboard has a simple design and interface which is easy to use. This motherboard is installed with a better overclocking feature which is a must for gamers and is supported by Ryzen 7 2700x CPU. The VRM cooling solution of this motherboard is nearly equal to 50-60 degrees. This motherboard comes up with a huge M2 heatsink that is capable of decreasing the temperature at a very high level which is important to improve the gaming experience. This board contains the technology of AMD Store MI and also comes up with dual-band Wi-Fi.
> Key Features:
- This AsRock X470 taichi is an ATX form factor.
- It is capable of supporting the AMD X470 chipset.
- An AM4 socket is installed in it.
- This motherboard can support four DDR4 DIMM memory slots of dual channels.
- This processor can support up to 64 GB of RAM which can provide a RAM frequency of 2133 MHz to 3466 MHz.
- For better graphics, this motherboard comes up with a 1x HDMI 1.4 port that has a resolution of 4096×2160 that provides a frame rate of 30 Hz.
- For the graphic card it has 2 PCIe2.0 X1, 1 PCIe2.0 X16, and 2 PCIe3.0 X16.
- To provide a better audio experience to gamers it comes up with a 7.1 channel Realtek ALC1220 codec drive.
- It has 1 Intel I211-AT Gigabit ethernet controller to provide better LAN connections.
- For storage purposes, it contains 2 M2 slots and 8 SATA ports.
- For Input-Output panel, it has many ports such as HD Audio Jacks, 1 Optical SPDIF Out Port,1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45 LAN Port with LED, 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A USB Port, 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Port, 6 USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports, 1 Clear CMOS Button, 1 PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port, 2 Antenna Ports.
-> MSI x470 gaming plus:
The MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard is a valuable and A-class motherboard that is capable of supporting some advanced features of the Ryzen 7 2700x like XFR 2.0 and Precision Rise 2.0. Nowadays you find that X470 Gaming plus motherboards come up with the new A-series CPUs launched by Athlon. But this X470 gaming plus is designed in such a way that it will work more efficiently with Ryzen 5 and higher processors. This motherboard is capable of supporting DDR4-3200 RAM. You have an option to use a custom XMP profile within the BIOS for overclocking according to your needs.
MSI x470 gaming plus motherboard can support 2 GPUs of AMD Radeon in CrossFire mode. This motherboard uses a PCI Express X16 of steel overlay to position the GPUs. The MSI X470 gaming plus boards are famous for their better in-built audio. This board has some in-built features to provide the best movie and experience that the user will never forget which is done using a Chemi-Con capacitor which reduces distortion.
This board has plenty of fab headers that are capable of providing all cooling solutions to the user. This board is considered to be the best motherboard in terms of price and performance. This motherboard can be easily bought by anyone under 150 U.S. dollars.
> Key Features:
- This motherboard is designed using an AM4 socket.
- Moreover, MSI x470 gaming plus supports AMD x470.
- MSI x470 gaming plus comes in a size of 9.6 X 12 X 1 Inch.
- Also, this motherboard has some in-built features like Dual M.2, Steel Armor PCI-E Slot, Chemi-Con Audio Capacitor, AMD CrossFire Support, MSI Mystic Lite, Click BIOS 5, and Gaming LAN with LAN Protect.
-> Gigabyte x470 Aorus gaming 7:
The Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 is a best x470 motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7. The VRM of this motherboard is designed in 10+2 form such that it offers maximum voltages to provide better overclocking which is useful in maintaining stability. For transferring excess heat out from the system a direct touch heat pipe is connected to VRM. Intel 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi is installed in this to provide faster internet to avoid lag while gaming or streaming. It can offer 1.73 GBPS of network speed.
The Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard comes with a lot of features like it contains a debug LED which is used to detect any crash or malfunctioning of any BIOS chip. Moreover, it has a rear CMOS switch. There is no doubt that Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 7 is one of the best Ryzen’s motherboards. But, it contains a few bugs. A few of these problems are Gigabyte’s BIOS is not full-featured like other products. Moreover, the application which is used to control the Gigabyte motherboard also has some bugs. Also, some of the users have raised an issue related to the quality of the audio.
> Key Features:
- Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard comes in ATX form factor.
- This motherboard comes up with an AM4 socket.
- Moreover, this motherboard can easily support the AMD x470 chipset.
- Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard is capable of supporting four DDR4 DIMM slots of dual channel.
- This motherboard supports RAM of up to 64 GB which provides a RAM frequency of 2133 MHz to 4133 MHz.
- The graphic card can accommodate 2 PCIe Express X1 slots and 3 PCIe Express X16 slots.
- This motherboard comes up with 1 Intel Gigabit LAN controller to support LAN connections.
- For storage purposes, it can accommodate dual M2 and 6 SATA ports at a time.
- Some of the properties of this motherboard are RGB Fusion, 2-way SLI/Crossfire, integrated I/O shield, rear power/reset/clear CMOS function, debug LED, 10+2 VRM design, dual M.2, swappable BIOS chip, ALC-1220-VB audio codec.
- For input-output it has 5 audio jacks, 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector, 1 RJ-45 port, 2 USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port, 1 USB Type-C port, 6 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 2 MMCX antenna connectors, 1 Clear CMOS button, 1 power/reset button.
-> ASUS prime x470 Pro:
The Asus Prime X470 Pro is one of the best X470 motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7, it is also a mid-range motherboard. This motherboard comes with an Intel Gigabit LAN, Realtek S1220A 8-channel audio, and a VRM design of 6+2. As we know all ASUS ROG motherboards are designed in such a way that they provide a better gaming experience. While prime x470 pro is designed in such a way that it maintains a balance between functionalities and performance. Moreover, this motherboard comes with an M2 additional drive and a silver heat sink.
The Asus Prime X470 Pro is designed in a professional manner that has nearly zero problems with BIOS. As we know that ROG products are installed with input-output shields. But Asus prime is not installed with these types of shields. To avoid throttling and transmission issues this motherboard contains VRM and MOSFET that is installed to maintain the temperature of the CPU. This motherboard is installed with a lot of ports and slots to have better scalability and the user can use plenty of things at a time.
This motherboard contains three slots of PCIe x1 for add-on cards. Also, it has three PCIe Express x16 slots to use multiple GPUs at a time. ASUS SafeSlot technology is used to prevent and protect the slots from bending. We can clearly say that the ASUS Prime x470 Pro is one of the best x470 motherboard for 2700x AMD Ryzen 7 CPU with more features and safety equipment.
> Key Features:
- This Asus Prime X470 pro comes with an ATX form factor of 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm.
- Asus Prime x470 Pro is capable of supporting the AMD X470 chipset.
- Also, an AM4 socket is installed in it.
- Moreover, it supports four DDR4 DIMM slots of the dual-channel at a time. It can support RAM up to 64 GB RAM that provides a RAM frequency from 2133 MHz to 3600 MHz. For better graphics, it is installed with a 1 x HDMI 1.4 port that comes with a resolution of 4096×2160 that provides a frame or refresh rate of 24 Hz.
- Also, it provides a resolution of 2560×1600 with a frame rate of 60 Hz.
- It has 1 PCIe Express 2.0 X16 slots, 2 PCIe Express 3.0 X16, and 3 PCIe Express 2.0 X1.
- For better audio quality, it contains a Realtek S1220A codec drive.
- Intel I211-AT Gigabit Ethernet controller to provide better LAN connections.
- It can accommodate 2 Ultra M2 slots and 6 SATA ports.
- Some of the properties of Asus Prime X470 pro are NVMe M.2, 5-Way Optimization, Gigabit LAN, SupremeFX S1220A Audio, SafeSlot PCIe Slots, Aura Sync RGB, FanXpert 4, Front Panel USB 3.1 Gen2.
- For input-output it has 5 Audio jacks, 1-Optical S/PDIF out , 5 USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 LAN (RJ45) ports, 1 x HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, and 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo ports.